Menu Principal
Communauté

Leviatan
Une prison américaine envoie une détenue au tribunal sans pantalon [EN]
 0  #1
Je poste trop
Inscrit: 18/09/2008 21:28
Post(s): 13825
La femme a passé 3 jours en détention dans la prison de Louisville (Kentucky) où elle s'est vue refuser des produits d'hygiène féminine ainsi qu'un pantalon.

TL;DW: The judge begins the sentencing process for a black woman. The black woman was apparently charged with shoplifting; it's her first offense. She did not attend her court hearing and was put into custody (I think) Upon looking at the charges, the judge states that there is no way she is sentencing her to the suggested sentence (or whatever). The defendant's lawyer leans in and mentions that for the three days this woman has been in custody, the jail has refused to give her pants or feminine hygiene products. The judge immediately picks up the phone and begins to call various officials from the department of corrections. She excuses the defendant briefly and has someone find her pants. When the defendant is brought in, she informs her she will be processed and released for time served and apologizes profusely. The judge begins to say something, but she stops herself. My guess is she was going to tell her to lawyer up.

EDIT : I was a bit off it appears. She did attend her first hearing and pled guilty to the shoplifting charges in exchange for a deference program where she would attend classes or something along those lines. Apparently she did not attend those classes, and that's why they picked her up again. Source.

July 30, 2016
Vu ici.

Contribution le : 03/08/2016 13:26
Signaler

Haut   Précédent   Suivant

Si vous êtes l'auteur d'un élément de ce site, vous pouvez si vous le souhaitez, le modifier ou le supprimer
Merci de me contacter par mail. Déclaré à la CNIL N°1031721.