BigbroZ
Quand t'es SDF mais que tu sais chanter
 3  #1
Je suis accro
Inscrit: 14/08/2018 22:43
Post(s): 1177
Commentaire de la vidéo sur YT:

Citation :
Los Angeles: Video of homeless woman singing in subway goes viral.
Calls have been made to make a homeless woman filmed singing Puccini's "O mio babbino caro" in a Los Angeles subway a professional opera singer. On Thursday, a police officer from the Los Angeles Police Department posted a video of Emily Zamourka with her shopping trolley and reusable bags on the force's Twitter account.
The caption read: "4 million people call LA home. 4 million stories. 4 million voices...sometimes you just have to stop and listen to one, to hear something beautiful." The video of the pig-tailed 52-year-old immediately went viral and has been viewed more than 800,000 times, with those in awe hailing her vocals as the "voice of an angel". "With a voice like that, why doesn't she have a career??," said one Twitter user. "Beautiful! can we find this angel and help her please?" - wrote another. One woman tweeted: "I've seen her for years on the Metro. I heard her once singing "Ave Maria" and thought it was a radio at first." Several GoFundMe campaigns have been launched by individuals and around $70,000 (£57,000) raised to help her find somewhere to live long-term - and replace her violin which she says was stolen three years ago. The classically trained violinist and pianist, who has no formal singing training, told the Los Angeles Times that she moved to the US when she was 24 from Russia, where she learned to sing by imitating opera performers on TV. She lived and worked in a nursing home and restaurant in Missouri for more than a decade and then in Washington state where she offered piano lessons, but was forced to stop when her health deteriorated in 2005 due to a failing pancreas and liver. When she was well enough she returned to teaching music again in Los Angeles and busked with her violin on the streets until it was snatched and broken. "I started to get behind with payments," she said. "My landlord... one day he said, 'Emily, I'm sorry, but you have to leave.'" "It was my income," Ms Zamourka told KNBC-TV. "It was everything to me." Of her newfound fame, she said: "I want to thank that police officer who did that video, and I wanted to thank God that he inspired me to do that." She has already been booked by Los Angeles City Council to sing on Saturday night at the opening of Little Italy, an area in San Pedro celebrating Italian heritage. Branimir Kvartuc, a spokesman for councillor Joe Buscaino who tried finding Ms Zamourka after the video of her singing went viral, said: "She was very excited, but I think we were more excited. "We're going to treat her like a star."

Los Angeles: Video of homeless woman singing in subway goes viral

En gros, elle est musicienne de formation et est arrivée de Russie à 24 ans. Elle s'est entrainée à chanter en imitant les chanteurs d'opéra à la télé. Elle a travaillé dans la restauration dans le Issouri puis est allée dans l'état de Washington pour enseigner la musique. Elle a dû arrêter pour des problèmes de santé. Quand c'est allé mieux, elle est aller à Los Angeles pour enseigner le violon jusqu'à ce qu'il soit cassé. Puis c'est classique, perte de revenu, perte de logement... Maintenant, grâce à cette vidéo, elle a retrouvé une activité.

Contribution le : 03/10/2019 08:25
Signaler

Haut   Précédent   Suivant

Si vous êtes l'auteur d'un élément de ce site, vous pouvez si vous le souhaitez, le modifier ou le supprimer
Merci de me contacter par mail. Déclaré à la CNIL N°1031721.